Metrix Civil engineers are involved with the design, development and construction of huge range of projects in the built and natural environment.
Metrix ensures safe, timely and well-resourced completion of projects in many areas, including:
- highway construction;
- waste management;
- coastal development;
- geotechnical engineering.
Metrix Consulting civil engineers liaise with clients to plan, manage, design and supervise the construction of projects.
The Firm offers Expertise in:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations;
- developing detailed designs;
- assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles;
- managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues;
- leading teams of other engineers, perhaps from other organisations or firms;
- compiling, checking and approving reports;
- reviewing and approving project drawings;
- using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects;
- undertaking complex and repetitive calculations;
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery;
- attending public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role;
- adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments;
- ensuring that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget;
- correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements before final evaluation and project reviews.